EU General Data Protection Regulation
We are telling you about the way that we keep your data in line with the introduction of the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into force on 25th May 2018. The changes will not change the way we use your information or the information that we keep but it will make it easier for you to find out how we use and protect your information.
You will find your own personal copy of this letter in the Club’s Mail Box in our Club Room from Tuesday 22nd May 2018.
8 Fundamental Rights
There are 8 fundamental rights of individuals under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25th May 2018). These are:
- The right to be informed – Organisations must be completely transparent in how they are using personal data.
- The right of access – Individuals will have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed.
- The right of rectification – Individuals will be entitled to have personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – Also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this refers to an individual’s right to having their personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why they wish to discontinue.
- The right to restrict processing – Refers to an individual’s right to block or supress processing of their personal data.
- The right to data portability – This allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- The right to object – In certain circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used. This includes, if a company uses personal data for direct marketing, scientific and historical research, or for the performance of a task in the public interest.
- Rights of automated decision making and profiling – The GDPR has put in place safeguards to protect individuals against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is made without human intervention. For example, individuals can choose not to be the subject of a decision where the consequence has a legal bearing on them or is based on automated processing.
What we do with your data
We hold your data to enable us the run the Park Golf Club in the most efficient manner and to enable us to offer our members and potential new members benefits.
Right to access, update personal information and communicate with the Park Golf Club Southport
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have a right to know what personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information you are entitled to please write to Honorary Secretary, Park Golf Club, Park Road West, Southport, PR9 0JS clearly identifying yourself and the information you require, for employment details write to the Treasurer.
We do not use direct marketing as part of our communication with members/employees; however, from time to time it may be necessary to communicate with you for essential purposes such as Subscription/Fee Renewals. If you would prefer not to receive direct marketing communications from us, simply let us know at any time by contacting us in writing to the Hon. Secretary
You have the right to see what information we hold about you and to update it
Personal Information we collect depends on the services you have and how you use them
We use your personal information to provide you with Park Golf Services, this means that we:
- Record your
- Personal co-ordinates as relevant (Name, Address, Telephone Number, Mobile Number, Email Address, Membership Type [Playing Member, Honorary Member, Social Member, Employee], Membership Number, Senior Membership, Club Representation)
- Relevant Dates (Date of Birth, Date of Entry, Date of Leaving)
- How you are registered so that you can receive our services (Park Golf Club or Ancillary Clubs and Employee [Bothy Folk & Song Club, Southport Ladies Golf Club, Southport Golf Club])
- Financial Data (Make up of your Salary, Subscription & Fees due, 2-4-1 credits, amounts paid, when paid, if relevant amount outstanding)
- Golf Details (Handicap, Golf Scores, Results of Games, relevant dates)
- Bar Account EPOS till Data (Membership Number, Membership Type, Bar Credit, Discount or Full Price Member)
- Update your data
- Personal co-ordinates
- Annually based on your information supplied in your Subscription/Fee return or if relevant your initial Application Form,
- When advised by you in writing
- When you leave we retain your Name and Address to enable us to operate our 2-4-1 Membership offer to new members only or Employment data
- On death we remove all data after the required statutory period
- Relevant Dates from your joining documentation or when you leave
- Registered Club change as advised by you in writing or annually on Subscription/Fee renewal
- Financial Data is updated immediately on receipt of payments, credits or debits
- Golf Data is updated each day as relevant
- Bar Account EPOS till Data is updated
- Annually on membership renewal
- Manually (by Hon. Secretary) as required during the year and at year-end
- Automatically when your membership card is swiped on the EPOS till.
- Personal co-ordinates
We us your personal information in several ways depending on which part of the Park Golf Club requires it – it supports your Golf and Club Life
Sharing your Personal Information
We share, as relevant, data with sections of the Club:
- Personal co-ordinates to enable the various sections to operate as required (arrange matches, etc)
- Relevant Dates if 55 & over for Senior and South West Lancs Senior Golf League matches
- Registered Club and Membership Category to arrange Full Playing Members matches
- Financial Data to the extent that Members can or cannot play in Club matches
- Golf Details Handicaps to allow matches to take place using the correct information
- Bar Account EPOS till Data in the EPOS system to assess Members’ entitlement to Bar Discounts
We share relevant data with external sources:
- How-Did-i-Do – personal match results
- to allow How-Did-i-Do to operate their systems
- England Golf – their required personal data
- To allow England Gold to operate their systems
- Golf Guard – personal co-ordinates of Playing Members
- To allow Golf Guard to operate their systems and insure our playing members as required
- [Employees only only] Employment details/salary as required by Government legislation
Protecting your information and how long we keep it
How we protect your information
We do not use direct marketing as part of our communication with members; however, from time to time it is necessary to communicate with all our members/employees for essential purposes such as Subscription & Fee Renewals. All your data is password and user protected
How long we keep your personal information
- Personal co-ordinates
- Park Club members’ data is stored whilst you are members – as soon as you leave these are reduced to name & address
- Other membership types data is stored whilst you are members/employees – as soon as you leave these are deleted except for required employment records
- Relevant Dates, Registered Club and Membership Category are stored whilst you are members – as soon as you leave these are deleted except for required employment records
- Financial Data is stored whilst you are members – on leaving these are deleted at the end of our trading year except for required employment records which are kept as per legislation
- Golf Details are stored whilst you are members – on leaving these are deleted at the end of our trading year except for your leaving Handicap and Name which are stored for six years
- Bar Account EPOS till Data in the EPOS system is stored whilst you are members – on leaving these are deleted at the end of our trading year
We share your information with specific sources both internally and externally to enhance your Golf experience and we protect all the personal data we hold
Park Golf Club